dotted notes

From: libertango
Subject: dotted notes
Date: Sat, 09 Dec 2006 17:56:08 +0100

Sorry, but I still stuck in the beginnings. Typing a "dot" (full stop: ASCII
"E2") after a note will not be translated into a dotted note (unexpected ...
Syntax error). I used different editors (including UltraEdit) and lilycomp.
However, copy and paste  a dotted note from other files on the net works fine.
Is it a Windows translation problem from the Unix world?
Frank