Re: markup height measured from staff?

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: markup height measured from staff?
Date: Sat, 09 Dec 2006 23:25:42 +0100

Use the staff-padding property to specify the distance from the staff. However, even if you set the padding property to zero, LilyPond will not let the note head collide with the text
(unless you attach it to spacing note in a separate Voice context).

  /Mats

Quoting Monk Panteleimon <address@hidden>:

Hello!

I would like to create a custom \markup command that puts a letter
at a specified distance from the staff rather than from a note.