Re: Two lyrics questions

From: Geoff Horton
Subject: Re: Two lyrics questions
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 10:40:50 -0500

1: I want to begin a word with a ( . I need to do this to indicate how a
vowel is to be pronounced - e.g. (ch)il(d) . I've tried various things -
using escape sequences as described in the manual, preceeding the bracket
with a \ etc. but nothing gives me clean output (i.e. without other
characters.) Is there a way of doing this?

Enclose it in double quotes, like this: "(ch)il(d)".

I've never tried to do what you describe in your second question, so I
can't help you there.

Geoff