Lilypond gets worse and worse :(

From: Syepi
Subject: Lilypond gets worse and worse :(
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 05:20:52 -0800 (PST)

Hello. I use lilypong from a long time, and I am stuck with 1.6. This has the
following reasons:

- changing script format. Not only I do not want to relearn the format every
time, what is simply a waste of time, but the patch tool does not update
properly my files to the newest versions --  that is, the output works, but
there is a lot of warnings. What for the authors made all these changes to
the format? Don't you realize how much hassle it can be to the users?

- output quality. Why do arpeggios are almost lying on the bars? Why the
ties are tied to various points of the note heads, in some strange way? It
was all working very good in older versions. I guess it was some attempt at
improving the ties, but I can not explain the ties pointing somewhere behind
the note heads. Can the authors substantiate these changes? Is this used in
traditional scores? Perhaps there is some sense in it which i do not know?

Don't get me wrong, Lilypond is still the best notation software I know, but
I would like some more substantation from the authors. In particular, what
is up with format changes that break the old code.

-- Syepi