Re: Make-pango-font-tree doesn't work with set-global-staff size

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Make-pango-font-tree doesn't work with set-global-staff size
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 11:01:02 +0100

The line
#(set-global-staff-size 16)
calls a Scheme function that is executed when LilyPond reads the file.
Apparently, it sets the fonts in some way. This means that you need to have
that line at the top of the file, before the make-pango-font-tree line. For example

#(set-global-staff-size 16)
\paper
{
   #(set-default-paper-size "letter")
   #(define fonts (make-pango-font-tree "Times"
                                        "Helvetica"
                                        "Courier"
                                       (/ 16 20)))
}
\header
{

  /Mats

Frédéric Chiasson wrote:
Hi!

I would like to know what is going wrong with this code. I tried to change the fonts but it doesn't work. But if I remove the set-global-staff-size function, the fonts changed as I wanted. Is this a bug or there is something with the make-pango-font-tree that I don't know?

I'm working on Mac OS 10.4.8

Thanks,

Frédéric

The code :

\version "2.11.1"

\paper
{
    #(set-default-paper-size "letter")
    #(define fonts (make-pango-font-tree "Times"
                                         "Helvetica"
                                         "Courier"
                                        (/ 16 20)))
}
\header
{
    title = "Titre"
    composer = "Compositeur"
}

\new Score
{
    #(set-global-staff-size 16)

    \relative c'
    { c8^\markup{"Times?" \sans "Helvetica?" \typewriter "Courier?"}
      d e f g a b c }

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems