Re: Output quality in the current Lilypond

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Output quality in the current Lilypond
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 13:01:37 +0100

Both the middle and the bottom ties end before the stem, which seems
reasonable to me. I don't remember exactly what it looked like in
version 2.6. However, if you compare the first example of
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.6/Documentation/user/lilypond/Ties.html#Ties
with the corresponding example in the 2.10 documentation,
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.10/Documentation/user/lilypond/Ties.html#Ties
I hope you agree that the latter looks more pleasing.

For the arpeggios, you can try
       \override Arpeggio #'padding = #1.0
The default value is 0.5.

  /Mats

Syepi wrote:
Here is an example file:

\score {
    <<
        \time 4/4
        \new PianoStaff {
                \clef bass
                <c f' b'>2~ <c f' b'>2
                <c f' b'>2~ <c f' b'>2
                <c f' b'>2~ <c f' b'>2
        }

    \layout { papersize = "a4" }
}

The middle tie points behind the left note. Should I send the example as a
bug report?

As of the arpeggios, could you please tell how to set its horizontal
spacing? I guess it is possible in Lilypond?

--
Syepi

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing