Re: Output quality in the current Lilypond

From: Syepi
Subject: Re: Output quality in the current Lilypond
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 04:19:37 -0800 (PST)

> Both the middle and the bottom ties end before the stem, which seems
> reasonable to me. I don't remember exactly what it looked like in
> version 2.6. However, if you compare the first example of
> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.6/Documentation/user/lilypond/Ties.html#Ties
> with the corresponding example in the 2.10 documentation,
> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.10/Documentation/user/lilypond/Ties.html#Ties
> I hope you agree that the latter looks more pleasing.

Yes, they do. But never in the examples a tie ends behind a note head. In
the example I posted, the tie ends just before the stem, and behind the
head. If you'd add some notes or remove some notes, or even just change the
key, the tie would be ok. It's just some special case when the tie ends like
that, so I guess it is a bug. I am not sure if you got the same result, so I
attach the output image.

Please see how it is assymetrical - ties in the middle generally tend to be
shortened, and this one is extended, and only on one side.

http://www.nabble.com/file/4621/test.png

> For the arpeggios, you can try
>         \override Arpeggio #'padding = #1.0
> The default value is 0.5.