Re: Output quality in the current Lilypond

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Output quality in the current Lilypond
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 14:05:19 +0100

As I have said before, if you think something is a bug, then please
send the example to bug-lilypond. Try to make it as clear as possible
exactly what you think is a bug.

  /Mats

Syepi wrote:
Please see the regression tests, for example this:

http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.10/input/regression/lily-1dee5e7e20

Ties *never* end after a note head in the tests, with the exception if there
is also a note head on the opposite side of the stem, which is fine in my
opinion. Also, ties tend to be equal or shorter in the middle of the chord,
not longer.

So I guess the ties are generally fine in the current lilypond, but my
example triggers some rare bug.

By the way, the problem with arpeggios was in some older lilypond, perhaps
2.8, and I can not test it in 2.10 because convert-ly exits with errors,
perhaps because of the bugs you wrote about.

--
Syepi

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing