SATB with automatic piano reduction - dynamics?

From: Jonathan Henkelman
Subject: SATB with automatic piano reduction - dynamics?
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 16:38:18 +0000 (UTC)

I am using the template provided in the manual.  I have changed the formating
of the ChoirStaff a bit, but otherwise it is unchanged.  I have attached a
reduced version of my current code in a followup post (!?) as it doesn't seem
to matter where I put it in this one, I am accused of top-posting! [It seems
fine to have a script to check for top-posting, but what if it's wrong?!)

My question is how to override the dynamics on the piano reduction.  I would
be happy with just -say- the soprano dynamics on the piano score.  My
inclination is to \remove the Dynamic_Engraver from the relevent voices, but I
don't seem to understand the syntax for this.  Something like the following
with a similar snippet for the bass clef.

\new PianoStaff <<
  \new Staff { \clef treble
    \set Staff.printPartCombineTexts = ##f
    \partcombine { \context Voice \with { \remove Dynamic_engraver }
      { \Key \Time \sopranoMusic }
      { \Key \Time \altoMusic }

or...

\new PianoStaff <<
  \new Staff { \clef treble
    \set Staff.printPartCombineTexts = ##f
    \partcombine
      { \Key \Time \sopranoMusic }
      { { \context Voice \with{ \remove Dynamic_engraver } \Key \Time
\altoMusic }

I suspect another solution would be to create another music stream with just
the dynamics, and only add the soprano to the piano score.  I am thinking that
I will find it easier to add the dynamics inline with the music, but if this
is the only solution...

Thanks much.  If anyone has the time or inclination, I'm having a hard time
figuring out from the manual just what context a \partcombine is.  Hence, I am
finding it difficult to refer to it's context for \override or \remove.  Can
it be made into a named context like Staffs and Voices?  Also what type of
arguments does it take - voices, or music streams, or something else?

Jonathan