Re: Constructive Criticism and a Question

From: Joe Neeman
Subject: Re: Constructive Criticism and a Question
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 09:21:51 +0200

On 12/18/06, Frédéric Chiasson <address@hidden> wrote:
Also, for simple note entry, I think you should put MORE freedom for the possible order to write all the symbols. For example you want to put a eighth note at c# one octave higher, you want to make an octave check and make sure the sharp appears. We could write it in many ways

cis'!=''8       cis'!8=''       c8is!'=''       cis8'=''!       cis'8!=''    etc.

Your first one is correct. I would suggest that cis'=''!8 should be another acceptable way of writing it, but I don't think your others should be. The order is very simple: pitch followed by duration. Since ' ! and ='' all relate to the pitch of the note, they have to come before the 8.