Re: Constructive Criticism and a Question

From: Frédéric Chiasson
Subject: Re: Constructive Criticism and a Question
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 15:07:36 -0500

I tried the function and I don't see any incoherence using \tuplet instead of \times in this situation. Maybe I don't understand the point well.

For me, I wouldn't mid at all to replace entirely the \times function by a \tuplet function, giving both options of using a fraction (2/3) or the engraved ratio (3:2).

Frédéric

2006/12/19, Mats Bengtsson <address@hidden>:

Werner LEMBERG wrote:
>>>   \tuplet 3:2 {...}
>>>

>> One minor detail is that the name isn't exactly appropriate when you
>> do
>> \set tupletSpannerDuration = #(ly:make-moment 1 4)
>> \times 2/3 {c8 d e f e d e f g f e d }
>>

> Well, in that case just stay with \times.

I thought the proposal was to completely get rid of \times and replace it
by \tuplet (which I think is a good idea). Just wanted to see if anybody
had any bright idea on a command name that's accurate also in this
special case.

   /Mats

>     Werner

        Mats Bengtsson