Re: Lyrics in poly

From: David Rogers
Subject: Re: Lyrics in poly
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 13:03:04 -0800

Ezequiel Sierra wrote:

>look in the upper voice the bes8 will only have the word "el" from
>"siem pre el" and "pre" should go in the second f on the lower
>
>get it?

Yes, now I get it exactly. It doesn't work this way. The alto needs its own
(new, separate) line of lyrics, if you want it different from the soprano.

One line of lyrics = one singer.

However, this whole plan is not necessary - the sopranos sing one rhythm, the
altos sing a different rhythm, but the words are the same. There is no reason
to try to give one syllable to the sopranos and the other to the altos. It is
perfectly clear to the singers what they have to do, in Eduardo's example.
(except some hyphens are missing and some rhythms are wrong.)