Re: Getting involved

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: Getting involved
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 15:23:32 +0100

Till Rettig <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Till,

> a while ago I thought i might put my own bit into the lilypond
> work. So I checked the stuff on the development pages and ended up
> that a German translation for the web page and the documentation would
> be a nice thing. But first I thought of asking here if there is this
> kind of project already under progress (like the similar case recently
> with the French docu).

There was a project started by Marc Weber (Cc).  Marc made an initial
translation in July 2005.  We then had discussions with a lot of
suggestions going until 2006, but did not receive an update.

Because of your post, I have just added Marc's last effort to the GIT
repository.  It would be up to you (and Marc) to see if this is
helpful, or if you would want to start fresh.

If we do not hear from Marc, I will try to add make the changes that
Werner and I suggested to GIT.

Marc, are you there?  Do you have an updated version available?

See

http://git.sv.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=lilypond.git;a=blob_plain;f=README;hb=web/master
and

http://git.sv.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=lilypond.git;a=blob_plain;f=TRANSLATION;hb=web/master

for how to get started.

See also the discussion about french documentation

    http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2005-04/msg00233.html

that has lead to the french website.

Greetings,
Jan.