Re: Chord library

From: Sébastien Gross
Subject: Re: Chord library
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 01:13:11 +0100

On Thu, Dec 21, 2006 at 03:41:19PM -0800, address@hidden wrote:

> Yes, I was thinking \varMyChordLibrary would not be needed in this case, all
> the chords would simply come out of the function each embraced by an IF
> statement to match the input parameter (like a giant CASE selection).
> Because I know from past experience that a duration number cannot follow a
> variable name to be recognized.  The duration would have to be generated
> along with the music.

indeed, you have to set the duration to each note of the chord one after
the other.

maybe a simple syntax would be:
        \function a4 #'chord_type

then extract both  note duration and pitch from a4 ly:music then use
them for transpose and duration setting.

playing arround with \displayMusic and (display-scheme-music ...) help a
lot.

--
Sebastien Gross