Re: Has anyone extended \include?

From: Rick Hansen (aka RickH)
Subject: Re: Has anyone extended \include?
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 09:53:29 -0800 (PST)

Eduardo Vieira-3 wrote:

> Citando "Rick Hansen (aka RickH)" <address@hidden>:
>

>> If you have done this can you share it or sell it to me?  (please dont
>> suggest m4, I gave up on that monster)
>>
>> Thanks
>>

> Hi, Rick! Yes, this preprocessor looks scary, as well as some advanced
> programming with Scheme. But once I got into reading about the GEMA
> preprocessor and didn't look as complicated as m4. Maybe it's worth a try.
> Another thing I found out that is *really* useful with text editing,
> manipulating: Learn Regular Expressions. You can do quite a few tricky
> search
> and replace tasks. And most of text editors for programmers support them.
>
> Eduardo
> Neste Fim de Ano, interurbano para cidades próximas ou distantes é com o
> 21.
> A Embratel tem tarifas muito baratas de presente para você ligar para quem
> você gosta e economizar. Faz um 21 e aproveite.

I was not aware of GEMA, (I already tried m4 and ML1 but was uncomfortable
with them in the mix), actually ideally I'd rather lilypond had it's own
source text pre-processor, then going forward my music would have no other
software dependencies other than a lilypond installation, IOW no 3rd party
macros.

I know of regular expressions and use them in my text editor searches, etc.
but this is more along the lines of making my lilypond music code itself
more flexible, I'm happy with many different editors and am trying to avoid
creating my lilypond music code libraries in any specific editors snippet
library.  I'd prefer to keep my libraries as lp \include files, but at some
point I'm always needing some pre-processing of the source text prior to lp
compilation.  Be it token replacement (to change \key perhaps), or a Case
statement to \include a parameterized chord inversion selection from a
library of chords, etc.