Re: Hiding empty staves

From: Bob Kline
Subject: Re: Hiding empty staves
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 16:44:06 -0500

Bob Kline wrote:
> Graham Percival wrote:
>
>> Have you read chapter 9 as well?  If not, could you read that and let me
>> know if it helps?  Once you do understand it, could you also propose an
>> addition to the docs to clear this up?
>
> I will keep trying and report back results.

OK, I give up.  I've posted the exact code earlier in this thread
showing my attempt to do *exactly* what it was suggested I do.  I've
read (more than once) all of the sections of the manual to which I've
been directed.  I've tried everything I can think of to get the empty
staff to disappear in the first system, but nothing works.

I know from first-hand experience with the software packages to which
I've contributed code myself how frustrating it can be to field the same
questions repeatedly from users who can't be bother to make any effort
to use the tools (including the documentation) which has been provided
for them.  But I also know that when a user actually tries to solve
his/her problems with the software I am more than willing to do whatever
it takes to explain how to get it to do what is needed.

It's possible that the developers are looking at my attempts with pity
and wonder that I'm so feeble-minded that I can't understand what their
documentation is explaining so clearly.  It's also possible that no one
knows how to achieve the result I'm after and for some reason it's more
comfortable to say "go read another chapter until you understand it,
grasshopper" than to simply say "I don't know."

Thanks anyway to anyone who was sincerely trying to assist me.  Sorry I
didn't get it.

--
Bob Kline
http://www.rksystems.com