Re: Very Beginner's Guide

From: Manuel
Subject: Re: Very Beginner's Guide
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2006 20:16:15 +0100

Trevor,

Thank you for your feedback. I have just posted a corrected version of the text, I hope it is now as it should be?

Indeed you are right, I am using Mac OS X and assumed - wrongly, I see - that opening a "LilyPond window" was the usual thing in all operating systems. Maybe the first sentence could be:

If you are using a Mac, open a new LilyPond window.
If working with Linux ...

Then write this inside:

{ c'  d'  e'  f'  g'  a'  b'  c' ' }

Now, if working on a Mac, save the file and then select "Typeset file" from the "Compile" Menu.

If on Linux ...

I have no knowledge whatsoever about Linux, so maybe Pierre, or you, or any Linux user could complete the text where I put the "..." as well as any other necessary instructions for " invoking a lp compilation".

What happens with Windows?

Manuel