Re: lilypond-user Digest, Vol 49, Issue 102

From: Will Oram
Subject: Re: lilypond-user Digest, Vol 49, Issue 102
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2006 16:04:09 -0600

On Dec 24, 2006, at 1.04 PM, address@hidden wrote:

From: "Joe Neeman" <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: Two-Pass Vertical Spacing
To: "William Oram" <address@hidden>
Cc: address@hidden

This is almost certainly because the height-estimation routines are
overestimating the height of the systems prior to page breaking on the second pass. Can you try it (perhaps just the first couple of pages) with annotate-spacing = ##t to check? If the Y-extent-estimate interval is
much
larger than the Y-extent interval, this is the problem.

Also, what version are you using?

Ah, that's the fact I always forget. Using 2.10.4 on OS X 10.4. Also
tried with similar results on 2.11.x.

Hard to tell if y-extent-estimate is overshooting. In many cases
properly respaced systems have the same margin of error as those that
aren't.

Judge for yourself. Two example pages with annotate-spacing added. The
first is not respaced as expected, the second is. Other pages not
included seem to vary wildly from these lengths.

http://www.foxchange.com/spamguy/extentestimate.pdf

Wow, that's some pretty appalling height-estimation! Could you send me the
input file (uncondensed will do)?

I hope you mean the page-layout.ly file. That is easily done. If you're looking for the source, you will have a directory of stuff to wade through.

(Separate e-mail being sent privately.)

the morning lets you live
but not sleeping is too hard
                       _   |  WILL ORAM
ASCII ribbon campaign ( )  |  spamguy (at) foxchange . com
 - against HTML email  X   |  wro1 (at) cwru . edu
             & vCards / \  |
                           |  AIM spamguy21
(ABOVE: Magnetic poetry #1)