Re: Absolute Beginners

From: Geoff Horton
Subject: Re: Absolute Beginners
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2006 10:57:58 -0500

In this section: If you're writing for native English speakers, I
would also teach the use of \include "english.ly" and use the English
notation for sharps and flats; I would venture to guess that most
amateur English-speaking musicians do not know what "is" and "es"
mean.

I might add that it's always seemed rather odd to me that the default
for accidental naming is non-English when everything else in LilyPond
is English. I'm certain it's too late to fix it now, but I remember
struggling with this naming convention back when I was first using
LilyPond, around 1.6 or so.

Geoff