Re: Very Beginner's Guide

From: Cameron Horsburgh
Subject: Re: Very Beginner's Guide
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 08:46:28 +1100

On Mon, Dec 25, 2006 at 10:39:23PM +0100, Manuel wrote:

> Am 25/12/2006 um 22:28 schrieb Cameron Horsburgh:
>
> >I'm the first to resist American incursions into the Queen's English
> >as she taught it to Australia, but I'm more than happy to see this one
> >become part of our lexicon! As I pointed out, it's necessary to learn
> >the fraction type nomenclature if you're going to learn LilyPond. One
> >possible compromise would be to leave it as is (or was) but provide a
> >link to this page in the glossary:
> >
> >http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.11/Documentation/user/music-glossary/
> >Duration-names-notes-and-rests.html#Duration-names-notes-and-rests
>
> But it just hit me: there aren't any American English terms in the
> glossary! How come?

There are -- if you look at the link I sent you the American terms are
in the colum on the left hand side. However, in the 'Musical Terms'
link there are none. I would certainly suggest that the English terms
(at very least) are included. When I get a bit of post Christmas time
I'll get on to it.

Is this okay with you Graham?

Cameron Horsburgh