Re: osx intel broken?

From: Sean Reed
Subject: Re: osx intel broken?
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2006 22:54:46 +0000

>> after unpacking the archives, they appear to be PPC programs that
>> won't run on my new iMac. I know I've used this software on this

> The frontend of the intel version claims to be ppc, but the actual
> processing is done in native intel code.  It works fine here.

> - Graham

hi graham, hi james,

the stable macIntel version 2.10.x runs fine on my intel macbook pro
(10.4.8).

however, the macIntel 2.11.x versions will run a few times, but after
a certain number of measures it doesn't seem to complete the
compilation process.

I run into this exact situation every so often. Almost every time
there winds up being something quite spectacularly off in my rhythmic
input.

Hi Trevor,

Thanks for the tip, since I do use lots of complicated rhythms.

I'm not sure that it's the cause in this instance, however, since the exact same lilypond file compiles with no problems using the mac- intel 2.10.x version of lilypond on the same machine.

Is anybody else experiencing this?

Best,
Sean

Sean Reed