Re: Absolute Beginners

From: Joe Neeman
Subject: Re: Absolute Beginners
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 19:41:57 +0200

On 12/26/06, Manuel <address@hidden> wrote:
About wiki, I don't think so. Especially as a newbie, I respect the
existing working structure of the LilyPond project.

I'm not sure I understand your objection. The wiki exists exactly for this sort of thing.

I assume that
there are people in charge of organising the tutorials and other
documentation.

Our documentation guru is also our bug meister, so he tends to be somewhat busy. The advantage of the wiki for things like this is that it allows changes to be made easily, immediately, and without requiring the interference of any of the developers. It's not that we don't like to be involved, it's just that there's so much other stuff to do also.

After all, though I
provided the bones and incorporated the corrections and suggestions
which were made, this is obviously a collective piece of work.

Once again, this is exactly the strength of the wiki. Collective work is what wikis are all about.