Re: Very Beginner's Guide

From: Anthony W. Youngman
Subject: Re: Very Beginner's Guide
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 13:20:18 +0000

In message <address@hidden>, Manuel <address@hidden> writes
I suppose that the cleanest solution would be to post this chapter for Mac, then copy and modify it twice, to suit the needs and wants of Linuxers and Windowers respectively. Afterwards if can be decided whether to amalgamate them into one, or for the sake of clarity to leave them separate.

I am getting the feeling that Linux is more complicated than Windows, but Linuxers are happier people. I've never seen a Linux, not even in a zoo. What does it look like?

A fat, satisfied penguin that has either just got laid, or laid into a *large* plate of herring.

If you really haven't met linux, find a cover disk on a computer mag, install it on some spare space on your hard drive, and give it a spin.

Just don't expect it to be like Windows (it's MUCH more reliable, for example, and far more prone to do what it's told, not what it thinks you wanted).

Cheers,
Wol
--
Anthony W. Youngman - address@hidden