Re: Hiding empty staves

From: Anthony W. Youngman
Subject: Re: Hiding empty staves
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 13:04:46 +0000

In message <address@hidden>, Manuel <address@hidden> writes

Am 24/12/2006 um 20:30 schrieb Christopher A. LaFond:

"stop" may not seem obvious to all. In America, we use the word "period"; I don't know what is used in other English speaking countries. My recommendation is "Add full stops (periods) for dotted or double dotted notes:"

Christopher, may be for non-native speakers the word "period" could be confusing in that context. But if "stop" is not quite clear, a solution could be:

"Add full stops (called "periods" in american English) for dotted or double dotted notes"

What do you think?

For consistency, I'd say "Add periods (full stops) for dotted or double-dotted notes". Seeing as the base language of the manual seems to be American anyway ...

Cheers,
Wol
--
Anthony W. Youngman - address@hidden