Da Capo al Fine

From: Manuel
Subject: Da Capo al Fine
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 15:28:08 +0100

Joe, I tried this but it didn't quite work:

\version "2.10.0"
\new ChoirStaff
\relative
<<
\new Staff
{
\clef treble
\key g \major
\time 2/4
\override Score.RehearsalMark #'self-alignment-X = #RIGHT
\partial 16*4
g'16 a b c d8 d16 b e8 e16 c d4 c8 c16 a b8 b16 g a8 a16 fis g4

\mark "Fine"

\bar ":|:"
d' c b8 b16 g a8 a16 fis g4 d' c b8 b16 g a8 a16 fis g4

\once \override Score.RehearsalMark #'break-visibility = #all-visible
\mark "D.C. al Fine"
\bar "||"
}
\new Staff
\relative
{
\clef bass
\key g \major
g,8 g' b, b' c, c' b, b' a, a' g, g' d, d' g, g'
b, b' a, a' g, g' d, d' g, g' b, b' a, a' g, g' d, d' g, g'
}

As you can see, the word Fine appears "too late", on the beginning of the second accolade (is that the word?) above the sharp sign, the other words are also too close to the music, and I need the whole to be printed below the staff (the lower staff, even) rather than above.

About the Absolute Beginners guide, please see my reply to Graham (a little later).

Manuel