Re: LilyPondTool 2.10.2 Visual Edition (tm)

From: Orm Finnendahl
Subject: Re: LilyPondTool 2.10.2 Visual Edition (tm)
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 14:46:38 +0100

Hi,

Am 29. Dezember 2006, 10:14 Uhr (+0100) schrieb Bertalan Fodor:
> Hi,
>
> I've just released LilyPondTool's new version on sourceforge
> (http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/lily4jedit)
> I called it visual edition because it is so trendy and because
> LilyPondTool now features some visual tools, thanks to its integrated
> PDF viewer. See the demos at http://www.organum.hu/87.0.html

Great work, the ruler mode is really impressive and very handy to
finish up layout!

Since I prefer emacs for editing, I tested it using jedit's built-in
pdf-viewer in ruler mode to calculate the extra-offsets and insert
that manually into the emacs buffer. It works very well. I wonder how
difficult it would be to implement that functionality more directly
(meaning to attach some pdf-viewer with that functionality or to
communicate directly to jedit's pdf-renderer from emacs).

What is actually rendering the pdf? Is it some java plugin or does it
use external programs for that?

--
Orm