Re: sostenido/bemol

From: Christopher A. LaFond
Subject: Re: sostenido/bemol
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 16:57:41 -0500

Manuel wrote:
I'm not sure I understand you. The original question was whether the word nota, wherever it appears followed by " # ", should give its gender to sostenida, or else the abstract gender of un sostenido would be correct, una nota sostenido. I think the last is right.

What I'm saying is that most people in the Spanish-speaking world (at least according to online results) seem to be using "nota sostenida", not "nota sostenido" for "sharp (note)". If you do a Google search for both of them, you will see that "nota sostenida" is much more common than "nota sostenido".

Chris