Re: Beginner tutorial: The spanish wars

From: Pierre Abbat
Subject: Re: Beginner tutorial: The spanish wars
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 17:11:40 -0500

On Thursday 28 December 2006 23:44, Manuel wrote:
> I think Daniel means the set of sharp or flats right from the clef.

I wouldn't call it just "armadura", as someone might try to put on the whole
key signature of God ;) which would be as silly as someone's signature on a
check being three flats. Even if the check were the deposit for renting said
flats.

> > And what do you call the piece of soft iron put on the
> > poles of a magnet, or a part of a motor?
>
> Sorry, I don't know what it is?

An armature.

> >> For God's sake:
> >>
> >> "Como" is accentuated only when it is in question form in México, in
> >> Argentina it is also accentuated in comparative, let's decide how to
> >> accentuate it, ¿yes?
> >
> > The accent is written if it's a question, but not if it's a relative
> > conjunction, nor if it's going into my mouth. If it went into *his*
> > mouth,
> > it's accented on the *second* o. ¿Cómo como? Como como comó.
>
> I dont get that "comó", except if you mean "comió" (he ate).

Yes I meant "comió".

> "No te comas los acentos" is a similar matter.

I've heard of, and often heard, comer la s, but what's comer el acento?

> Right. But in the sense of "a sharp" it is masculine. La nota itself
> is feminine. But la nota is not sustained, la nota is "un sostenido".

Ghargh! Now you see why I prefer "diesis"?

> And in German, trousers are feminin, skirts are masculine and little
> girls are neuter.

And in French, un vagin et une couille. I have been tripped on "del caño al
codo". Women, fire, and dangerous things...

Pierre