Re: Off-Topic: Orchestration Aid

From: Manuel
Subject: Re: Off-Topic: Orchestration Aid
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 22:33:19 +0100

Am 30/12/2006 um 22:20 schrieb Mehmet Okonsar:

I see that the topic seems not un-welcomed to the list so I post here..
*********
Thanks for all the replies.
My favorite books on the subject are:
S. Adler's and Ch. Koechlin's ones.
The Korsakoff one seems a little bit outdated for todays orchestral prouesses
I don't know Kennan's. Is there many contemporary examples?

Kennan has quite a few examples from Stravinsky, Ligeti, Webern, Schoenberg, Stockhausen, and others, especially when dealing with full orchestra and with percussion, but it is not mainly dedicated to contemporary techniques.

Manuel