Re: Time signature in French baroque music

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Time signature in French baroque music
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 14:59:38 +0100

Quoting Manuel <address@hidden>:

Franek,

I recently and finally managed to solve the problem for an Allemaigne, changig the time signature of the "Recoupe" from 3/4 to a single "3". I include the file here, you can see the special command:

\override Staff.TimeSignature #'style = #'single-digit
\time 3/4

which I had to put in both parts separately. I don't know exactly what you are trying to do, but maybe it will help.

If you only want to do it once, you can do

\override Score.TimeSignature #'style = #'single-digit

so the setting applies to the full score instead of only the
current Staff context. Even better is probably to redefine the default definition of Staff context:
\score{
 ...  % The actual music comes here
 \layout{
   \context {
     \Staff
     \override TimeSignature #'style = #'single-digit

  /Mats