Re: setting Midi tempo

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: setting Midi tempo
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 08:41:25 -0800

Christopher A. LaFond wrote:
I am trying to set a Midi tempo of 90 dotted quarter notes per minute. According to the Lilypond docs, the correct syntax is:

\midi {     \tempo 4 . = 90 }

However, I keep getting a syntax error (unexpected tempo). Since it's a dotted note, there is supposed to be a space after the "4". I have tried all sorts of combinations here of leaving and eliminating the spaces, but no luck.

The syntax has changed; please see the same page in the latest 2.11 docs.

- Graham