Numbers in variable names Re: thoughts

From: Andrew Black - lists
Subject: Numbers in variable names Re: thoughts
Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2007 13:44:31 +0000

Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:

  c4_\staccato_\markup { bla }

does this reference \staccato or \staccato_ ?

It might be possible to enable numbers, though.  I would welcome an analysis.

I would really like to see numbers in name of variables.
I am not expert on parsers so apologies if this is hard but...

If you have
 myvar = something
 myvar1 = something else
I would expect that
  \myvar1  refers to the variable myvar1
  \myvar 1 refers to the var myvar followed by 1