Re: midi2ly key and rests

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: midi2ly key and rests
Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2007 20:06:35 +0100

Did you use
\transpose cis c ...
or
\transpose des c ...

Whichever you tried, try the other one.

/Mats

Helge Kruse wrote:

Hello,

#include „German.ly“ ;-)

I have a MIDI file, that with all patches one semitone too high. It sounds in Cis . I have converted it with midi2ly to Lilypond format and transposed each voice with \transpose to C so I can play it much better. But this gives Ces instead of H and Fes instead of E.

I gave the switch --key at midi2ly, but this changed the output of midi2ly in any way. Also –output has no effect to midi2ly.

Another annoying thing is that all rests are silent rests. This makes it difficult to read & play the music.

What is the best way to get the preferred pitch and readable rests?

Regards,

Helge

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing