Ties and Accidentals

From: Robert Edge
Subject: Ties and Accidentals
Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2007 14:22:40 -0500

Can anyone recommend a more elegant way to force the second of a pair of tied notes to display an accidental? I have been using constructions such as this:

\score{{
  #(set-accidental-style 'forget)
  \clef bass
  <<
    {
      \override NoteHead #'transparent = ##t
      \override Stem #'transparent = ##t
      \override Beam #'transparent = ##t
      ees'4 ees'4

    } \\
    {
      \tieUp
      ees'4~ ees'4
    }

}}

for a couple of years now. This was a quick hack someone posted on this list and it works fine but is starting to cause trouble in some corner cases(ie. with whole notes or if I actually need two voices on a staff). It's also a bit of an ugly hack. Is there a better way to do this, and if not what would be the cost of sponsering a change so that forced and reminder accidentals work properly in this case?

thanks in advance.