Re: problem with \global and key signature

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: problem with \global and key signature
Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2007 09:26:16 +0100

That's strange. I just tried to copy the string quartet template and change the key signature in the definition of \global, and it certainly is printed on every
stave. You must have done something else that causes the problem.

  /Mats

Christopher A. LaFond wrote:
Hi,

I am arranging a piece for 3 harps, and I am using the string quartet template in the docs as a model. When I use the \global setting, the score correctly includes the time signature in all staves, but does not set the key signature on the staves themselves, rather it uses accidentals throughout the piece to compensate. The template for string quartet is in c major, so you can't see this in the docs. But I used \key g \major, and it just inserted accidentals on all the f notes. I still need to set the key in each of the staves.

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems
        Royal Institute of Technology