Re: Vertical alignment of lyrics to multiple voices

From: Jack Cooper
Subject: Re: Vertical alignment of lyrics to multiple voices
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2007 22:12:45 -0500 (EST)

Mats Bengtsson <address@hidden> wrote:
Every time you do \new Lyrics, you get a new Lyrics context, which is
placed on a separate line. Just include all your lyrics sections into
one and
the same Lyrics context if you want them vertically aligned, i.e.
replace your
current \score block with
\score {
<<

\new Staff = "whole" {\new Voice ="a" {\melodya} \new Voice="b"
{\melodyb} \new Voice="c" {\melodyc} \new Voice="d" {\melodyd}}

\new Lyrics <<
\lyricsto "a" \texta
\lyricsto "b" \textb
\lyricsto "c" \textc
\lyricsto "d" \textd

\layout { }

}

/Mats

Thank you very much!  It helps me very much to see a working example..

I'm beginning to understand more of the subtleties of this package inch
by inch..

Cheers,

  Jack