Partial and empty measures in a score

From: Francesco Spiga
Subject: Partial and empty measures in a score
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2007 12:57:15 +0100

I'm editing a three-part fugue, and I'm typing notes in three separate
files. The first voice starts with a partial measure, so the two first
maesures are:

 \partial8*7 g'8 bes g a a c bes16 a
 bes8 ees ees ees a, d d d

The second voice enters at measure 2. As the first measure has to be
empty in separate part, I typed:

 R1
 r4 g'2 f4

When I try to put all voices in a score, Lilypond does'nt recognise the
first (partial) measure of the first voice as the empty one of the
second voice, so alignment between staves is completely wrong.

How could I work out this problem?

Thanks you.
        Franek