Re: converting Egmont Overture files - help!

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: converting Egmont Overture files - help!
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2007 17:31:46 +0100

You didn't say where you found the files, but I assume you found them at
www.mutopiaproject.org. I made a quick test to download the files,
update the syntax and process the score and it seems to work fairly well.
There are some warnings that indicate that the files used some features
are no longer available (and probably no longer needed as well, due to
improvements and bug fixes), so I see no need to dig for old LilyPond
versions. On the other hand, you will still need to write your own .ly
code to get each separate part, which is very simple if you just have
some experience with LilyPond.

  /Mats

Andrew Clark wrote:
I just discovered Lilypond last night in my search for an arrangement of the Egmont Overture. I am using a macmini running Tiger. I tried the three different versions of Lilypond and none of them will open the files for the individual parts for this arrangement. I tried running the update syntax and it doesn't work. and now I am running Fink and trying to get an older version of Lilypond and this is turning into a software nightmare for me - is there anyway to simply print these charts? Does anyone have them in an updated format that they can email to me? Thank you very much! - AC

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems
        Royal Institute of Technology