Re: Constructive Criticism and a Question

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: Constructive Criticism and a Question
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2007 09:11:00 +0100 (CET)

> > I think changing \times to \tuplet is a great idea for the reason
> > that started the thread: \times is too close to \time.
>
> That I really don't get.  LilyPond is written in *English*.

US English or British English?  This makes a difference...

> There is a word "time" and there is another word "times"; they don't
> mean the same thing, that's all.

Only a native speaker can say that :-) Honestly, it's very easy to
intermix them during fast typing.  I don't say that the difference
between those two words is problematic, just that it unnecessarily
increases the probability of a typo.

>  To write LilyPond code, we have to distinguish between
>    \override & \set,
>    Script & TextScript,
>    \addlyrics & \lyricsto,
>    (not to mention foo & bar).

you are missing the point here.

> People who speak a Romance language have to learn the difference
> between
>
>    \clef & \key.

Hehe. :-)

> Hmmm.  Well then, I'm confused about \with-color, \center-align, and
> \lyricmode (I've never seen a "lyric").  Could we please get these
> changed to \with-colour, \centre-align, and \lyricsmode?

Regarding \lyricsmode I agree.  The other two, well, could be handled
easily with aliases.

    Werner