Re: Constructive Criticism and a Question

From: stk
Subject: Re: Constructive Criticism and a Question
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 03:22:41 -0500 (EST)

> . . . \tupletSequence 2/3 {{c d e} {f g a} {b c d}}
> would just be a shorthand for
> \tuplet 2/3 {c d e} \tuplet 2/3 {f g a} \tuplet 2/3 {b c d}

That would add a big semantic burden to the meaning of "{" and "}".
Currently {{c d e} {f g a} {b c d}} means the same thing as
{c d e f g a b c d}.  I would hate to have to write the parser that would
figure out (reliably) what
   {{c d e} {f g} {a b c}}
or
   {{c d e} {{f g} a} b c}
or
   {{c8 d e} {f4 g a}}
mean (as arguments to \tupletSequence).  And if
   \seq = {{a8 b c} {d8 e f}}
then, since LP macros are *not* string macros, what will the parser
do with the argument
   { {g8 f e} \seq {b8 a g} }
???  I think the parsing problem would be wildly intractable.

-- Tom