Re: Constructive Criticism and a Question

From: stk
Subject: Re: Constructive Criticism and a Question
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 03:56:08 -0500 (EST)

> > There is a word "time" and there is another word "times"; they don't
> > mean the same thing, that's all.

> Only a native speaker can say that :-) Honestly, it's very easy to
> intermix them during fast typing.  I don't say that the difference
> between those two words is problematic, just that it unnecessarily
> increases the probability of a typo.

I respectfully disagree.  I've never mistyped either word in a LilyPond
file.  Typing "/" for "\", yes, I've done that; does that mean that I
should be asking for the elimination of the "\" symbol?  And how many
times have I seen the query ". . . Score.RehersalMark . . . doesn't work."
Should we change that to "R-mark" to avoid typos?  Apostrophes ("'") are a
problem too:  it's hard to see them when you're looking for errors; let's
replace them with something clear like "*".

> Hehe. :-)

That's "heehee" on this side of the pond.  Be glad it's not a LilyPond
keyword.  (Although I have frequently felt the need for a
   \hoho "What the &address@hidden"
construct when I'm trying to position markup.)

-- Tom