Re: Constructive Criticism and a Question

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Constructive Criticism and a Question
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2007 23:14:37 +0100

Quoting address@hidden:

On Fri, 5 Jan 2007, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:

the other, perhaps more valid reason, is that \tuplet more closely matches
the purpose than \times.

OK, I'm clearly in the minority here; I think of
  \times 2/3 {c8 d e}
as a series of 12th notes.  I would be delighted if LilyPond let me
write
  c12 d e

Then it would need to know what kind of note head and how many flags
it should use for the note. However, you can write c8*2/3 d e
to get the duration you want (even though LilyPond won't add any tuplet marker).

  /Mats