Re: Staff.VerticalAxisGroup #'Y-extent no longer working in Windows Lily

From: Joe Neeman
Subject: Re: Staff.VerticalAxisGroup #'Y-extent no longer working in Windows Lilypond 2.11.9??
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2007 11:47:07 +0200

On 1/7/07, Trent Johnston <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I've been working with Lilypond 2.11.0 for a while and recently tried
2.11.9.

When running the new version the following statements are ignored

\override Staff.VerticalAxisGroup #'Y-extent = #'(0 . 10).

We no longer look at VerticalAxisGroup #'Y-extent when it comes to vertically aligning systems (this is so that we can take the outline of the system into account, not just its maximum size). You can still use minimum-Y-extent, though.

I've been playing around with getting more even output from Lilypond same
number
of systems per page and the same space between staves.

I've even managed in a Concerto Grosso score to have a seperate different
space
between the concertino groups and ripieno groups all the way through the
piece.

Staff.VerticalAxisGroup #'Y-extent is probably not the best way to do this. If you just want to have fixed distances between all the systems throughout the piece, have a look at the alignment-vertical-manual-setting.ly regression test.