Re: Arrows in markup text

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Arrows in markup text
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2007 09:50:23 +0100

Frédéric Chiasson wrote:
Hi,

Using : LilyPond 2.11.9 on Mac OS X.4.8

I would like to put a markup text as : (left arrow) (quarter note) = (dotted quarter note) (right arrow), for making Carter-like "rythmic modulations".

I don't know how to put arrows. Putting the arrow from the Mac text character set doesn't work.
I hope you made sure to save the file using UTF-8 character encoding.
Then it should certainly be possible to use arrows from the text fonts.
I looked at the "arrow-head" markup command, but I need a full arrow and I don't know which values the variables "axis" and "direction" can take (what are the constant values' syntax).
Try #X as the value of axis for a horizontal arrow and direction #LEFT or #RIGHT.

  /Mats