Re: using bold or smallcaps in lyrics in lilypond-book

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: using bold or smallcaps in lyrics in lilypond-book
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2007 20:50:04 +0100

Karl Hammar wrote:

address@hidden:
\hspace{1em}

\begin[fragment, staffsize=16]{lilypond}
        \new RhythmicStaff {
                \time 12/8
        \partial 8
                d8 d4 d8 d4 d8 d4 d8 d8 d8 d8  d4 d8 d4 d8 d4
        }
\addlyrics{ Some TIME She USED to PUT me THROUGH the re SPON se sof the MASS }
\end{lilypond}

I have used fragments like you but more or less always ended up with lilypondfile instead, the fragment grows and it it easier to test it as a seperate file.

As is explained below, you should probably skip the
"fragment" option. However, an alternative to using
lilypondfile is to make a separate "style file" that you
can include in all your examples using
\begin{lilypond}
\include "mystyle.ly"
\end{lilypond}

Such a style file could for example contain
\layout{
 \context{
   \Lyrics
   \override LyricText #'font-series = #'bold

if you want all lyrics text to be bold font. See "Style Sheets"
in the manual for more general information on these kind of
style sheets.

 /Mats