Re: Problem with Syntax

From: Paul Scott
Subject: Re: Problem with Syntax
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2007 22:49:55 -0700

Monica wrote:
To the crew at Lilypond. Hi. And first let me thank you for creating a program such as this. I am already finding so much use in it. However, yesterday was my first day using it and I'm having a bit of a problem with putting in a time signature and a clef. I followed the instructions on the site exactly but it doesn't work. Here's what I've been having a problem with.

I put in \time {2/4} but it keeps telling me error: syntax error, unexpected \time

\time {2/4} and error: errors found, ignoring music expression
\time {2/4}
Leave off the braces:
\time 2/4
is what you need.
The same thing is happening with the clef. And the key signature. Am I missing a program that I need in order for these to work? I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong so hopefully someone will be able to help me. Thank you!
Always post a *simple* example of what is not working for you as you did above. Maybe the clef problem is similar to the time problem.

HTH,

Paul Scott