Re: Problem with repeats

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Problem with repeats
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 12:38:07 +0100

The syntax for repeats is
\repeat volta 2 music-expression \alternative{music-expression music-expression}
where each music expression in your example is some music surrounded by
curly braces. The problem in your code is that you inserted a \break command
between the first music expression and the \alternative. The simple solution is
to move the \break command before the curly brace:
... \repeat "volta" 2 { ...
ees2 g4 bes a4. g8 f4 d c bes c d f r r c r r bes r r f r r  \break }
\alternative { ...

  /Mats

Claus Rogge wrote:
Please can somebody help me out - I copied from lilypond.org.doc but the
output is not what I want it to be. Geting error message "unexpected
/alternative" ... what else do I have to do?

\version "2.10.9"

bas = \relative c {ees4 r r bes r r f' r r bes, r r c r r f, g a bes r r f g a \break
bes r r f r r bes r r f r r bes r r f r r f r r c' r r \break
f, r r c' r r f, r r c' r r f, r r c' r r bes bes d f g a \break
bes r r f r r bes r r f r r bes r r f r r ees r r bes r r ees r r bes r
r \break
f r r bes r r c4. c8 c4 c d e f4. f8 f4 g2. f4. f8 f4 f2. \break
f,4. f8 f4 c'4. c8 ees4 f r r f, g a \repeat "volta" 2 { bes2 bes4 bes a
g f r r c' r r \break
ees2 g4 bes a4. g8 f4 d c bes c d f r r c r r bes r r f r r } \break \alternative { { c'2 c4 c d e f4. f,8 f4 f g a } { bes2 d4 f g a bes f d bes r r } } }

\paper {#(set-default-paper-size "a4")}
\header {title="Murecker Faschingslied 2003" composer="W.Rehorska"}

{\clef bass
\override Staff.TimeSignature #'style = #'() \key bes \major \time 3/4
\bas}

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems