Re: How tell LaTeX where to find LP?

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: How tell LaTeX where to find LP?
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 10:41:43 +0100

If you keep reading to the end of that section in the manual, you will find
the sequence of commands that you need to run in order to process the
document. The main idea is to first process the file with the program
lilypond-book
which will replace all the \begin{lilypond}...\end{lilypond} with something
that LaTeX understands.

If you tell what operating system you use, I'm sure that someone on the
mailing list will provide the exact step by step instructions for your machine.
For example, for Windows, you can find some important information at
and
to learn how to start a command prompt and change working directory
to be able to run these commands.

  /Mats

Claus Rogge wrote:
I tried to copy the "example of a musicological document" from chapter
13 in the documentation into LaTeX (I use TexShop 2.09d, if that helps)
and get an error: Latex does not know what to do with the command
lilypond.
I tried searching the archives but did not understand the postings (yes,
I apparently am that stupid). Is there a simple solution like an
environment variable that has to be set (where?) - or is it too
complicated for a dummy like me?

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems