Re: ps and pdf question

From: Karl Hammar
Subject: Re: ps and pdf question
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2007 15:17:10 +0100

address@hidden:
> Anybody who wants to play tricks with ps files (and I am occasionally
> one of them) is free to invoke lilypond --ps, so this is a red herring.
>   I agree with Laura: we should treat the .ps files are temporary and
> delete them.  I have a script that does this automatically, but I think
> that deleting the .ps files is a good default option.  Most users don't
> want ps, and many users who investigate the ps files won't know how to
> deal with them properly.  Anybody who really wants a ps file can invoke
> with --ps.

What is the big deal with pdf?
>From what I understand is that they are "portable", but most pdf's I
get from others does not show up good or at all in gv, xpdf or evince.
It seems that they are "portable" in the sens that work with ths latest
Adobe acrobat.

For me, pdf means trouble. Why should I ever want to produce pdf's?

And btw, the pdf's produces by current lilypond does not print either
on my (postscript) printer.

Regards
/Karl