Can you put dynamic marks in the lyrics?

From: Sietse Brouwer
Subject: Can you put dynamic marks in the lyrics?
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 00:31:35 +0000 (UTC)

Dear readers,

I'm setting a song for a choir, and the different stanza's are supposed to be
sung at different volumes. So, I'd like to precede each stanza of my lyrics
with a dynamics mark.

Example:

====|====|====|====|====|====|====| <-- female staff
  f 1. Once a jolly swagman etc.    <-- lyrics stanza 1 (forte)
 mf 2. Down came a jumbuck etc.     <-- lyrics stanza 2 (mezzoforte)

Is it at all possible to call a dynamics mark inside \lyricmode, so I can do
something like \set stanza = "\f 1." ? I have a feeling that I have to call a
glyph from a different font, and possibly resize it, but reading the program
reference gave me no clue how to do this.

Please let me end by mentioning that I am using Lilypond with a *lot* of
satisfaction. Incredible program. Thanks to all who (have) work(ed) on it!

Kind regards,

Sietse
Sietse Brouwer